March 9, 2008

Post Match Interview Outtakes

"It definitely feels good to be the champion here at the Canara Bank Bangalore Open," Williams said. "I'm feeling really good about it. Not only were there a lot of great fans showing so much support here but it always feels good to win. To win for the fans is really cool. I just wanted to keep my unforced errors down today; Patty played well, she forced me to bring my level up."
"She was a great opponent today and made it tough for me to play my game," Schnyder said. "I think the first set could have gone either way, and I had my chances. I was really happy with the way I played today especially my forehand, but she was serving and rallying really well too. I lost to a great champion."

"This was a really big win for me and there are a lot of important tournaments coming up," Williams added. "I missed some tournaments before this and I think my ranking suffered because of it; to win here was very important, and to even be here was really big for me. I'm just hoping to continue to play well."

No comments: