March 8, 2009

Mackie Shilstone speaks on Serena

During the Serena vs. Venus match at the BNP Paribas Showdown for the Billie Jean King cup, Serena's conditioning coach, Mackie Shilstone, said the following:

"I joined Serena's team a year ago after the '08 Australian Open. She's an extremely talented athlete, one of the best I've ever seen."

On what he plans to add to her game:

"I think the thing I may do is giver her a little more consistency. She already has all the talent in the world. If I can allow her talent to be magnified to let Serena Williams be Serena Williams I think I've done my job."

In the beginning of their partnership, Mackie asked Serena for a DVD so that he could view her best game:

"Serena said she didn't have one. I asked, You don't do DVDS? She said no, I've never played at my best."

No comments: