November 29, 2009

Barbados has tennis talent to go to the next level

That was the opinion of both the world ranked No. 1 and No. 4 tennis stars Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki, respectively. Both were speaking to the Press yesterday at the Tennis Fantasy Camp, which was part of the Tennis Pon De Rock event at the Garfield Sobers Gymnasium yesterday - a day that none of the selected 40 young local tennis players would ever forget.

Wozniacki said: "The kids are playing good I think there is a lot of talent here and hopefully they can keep going. I love to work with the children. "I also want to talk a little bit with them and get to know them because there is a lot of talent." "I like playing with the kids because I have been on the other side of the club as someone who has looked up to the pro players. So I am happy to get the chance to play with them," she added. Meanwhile, Williams said she was continuing to battle the flu, but noted that she was still able to knock around a few balls with the young rising stars. "I will be able to survive out there . . . . I think we are still going to have a lot of fun," she said before heading onto the courts.


Article by Tracy Moore / Nation News

No comments: