May 10, 2010

Thanks "M-Dubb" for the clarification

One of my site followers/visitors clarified my previous post in reference to Caroline Wozniacki and Venus Williams' points and #2 ranking. Thanks "M-Dubb."

"Actually, Wozniacki should gain 15 points from her run in Rome (they changed the points from last year). So there would be a 579 point difference.

Also, Venus was only given 5 points during last year's tourney, as she had a bye into the second round for being a semifinalist in Rome. I checked the WTA site.

Hope all that helps. And yeah, I've been following this, too. Wozniacki not making it to the semis would be automatic No. 2 for Venus. If they both play well, Venus needs to go one round more than Wozniacki. Seeing how they're on the same side of the draw (and Wozniacki hasn't even taken a set off Venus in their last four meetings), I see Venus as the No. 2 seed at the French!"

No comments: