September 4, 2010

Serena unsure of when she will return to the court

Serena Williams is not committing to a return date to the WTA Tour but says she hopes to compete again before the end of the season.

"Hopefully sooner rather than later," she told the Tennis Channel during a visit to the U.S. Open to watch sister Venus payer her second-round match. I definitely want to come back this year, though, so that'd be good."

Williams, who has been sidelined since injuring her feet after Wimbledon, is scheduled to play Tokyo later this month but did not indicate that she would be taking part in the event.

"I really can't wait to get back more than ever," she said. "I'm just still taking it a day at a day. Haven't hit too many balls, I don't want to have any kind of relapses so I'm just taking it really, really slow. But when I'm ready, it takes me no time to get there, so I've just been working out and doing that aspect of it."

Courtesy of The Ticker (Tennis.com)

No comments: